Welcome to the new Museum of Jewelry!
We launched a new site in May of 2017. Its 2019 already - so welcome to our new-new site of course.
What went right:
- We started 2017 a social media noobs. We now have about 10000 folks following us on the various social networks.
- We revived the Museletter, and send out interesting content and sales about once a month.
- Thanks to all these new fans our sales are up and business is better than its been in years.
What went wrong:
- We jewelry artists, not website gurus. So our old website blog languished and banners got stale.
- We used magento - which is an awesome capable system that required quite a bit in terms of server resources and could be painful to update. For those curious we moved to shopify - which comes highly recommended.
Hows the transition going so far:
- It's going swell - we think!
- All accounts, orders, and stock have been moved over. We have lot some jewelry attributes (ie drop / dangle) but most of the information moved flawlessly. Notable exception is wishlists - we are still working on getting these online.
- You wonderful folks have spent the last two weeks viewing more pages, placing orders more frequently, and placing larger orders - so by all indications you like the change.
- Make sure nobody is using the site when you pull the switch.
- Embrace social media and engage your customers.
Love the change? Hate it? Have a favorite new feature? Let us know in the comments.